Rockland Partners With NY State On Community Needs Survey
Within its building, the Department of Hospitals includes Summit Park Hospital, a 57 bed Long Term Acute Care Hospital, and Summit Park Nursing Care Center, a 321-bed nursing care facility with a premier Alzheimer's Unit. Our history dates back to the 1830's when we cared for the indigent, poor and infirm. This tradition is carried on in our service to Rockland County's geriatric population. Its location boasts beautiful views of the Ramapo Mountains and is conveniently located in Rockland County just minutes from both the Tappan Zee and George Washington Bridges.
Both facilities provide the following:
- On-site Medical Director and doctors;
- Skilled Nursing 24 hours a day;
- On-site Pharmacy with 24/7 coverage;
- Individual Care Plans that include medical, rehabilitation, dietary and other needs of the patient or resident. These plans are based on input from our professional staff, families and patient/resident.
- Rehabilitation including physical, occupational and horticultural therapies; speech; hearing; artificial limb; orthotic; and pain relief.
- Medical Labs including X-ray, EKG, Dental and eye care.
Our programs embrace the entire person through:
- Recreational Therapy Activities including games, painting, crafts, outdoor barbecues, off-site trips to restaurants, malls, movies, etc.
- Medical Social Workers;
- Residents Council;
- Religious Services;
- Residents Library;
- Barbershop and Beauty Salon.