Board of Elections
The Rockland County Board of Elections is responsible for overseeing the conduct of all elections at which voters of Rockland County cast a ballot for the purpose of electing an individual to any federal, state, county, town, and village office or deciding any ballot question submitted to voters that will be decided in the Primary or November General Election. In performing this function the Rockland County Board of Elections is responsible for:
- Registering all Rockland voters, including any change of address or political party enrollment change of Rockland residents.
- Maintaining an accurate and reliable registration database for use on election days which ensures all eligible voters have an opportunity to vote and that any potential voting fraud is prevented.
- Supplying lists of registered voters to school districts, villages, libraries and fire districts for use at their elections.
- Recruiting, training and certifying election inspectors.
- Processing of all petitions for political and party offices.
- Preparation of all ballots used in Rockland County voting machines and paper ballots.
- Timely and accurately delivering and processing of all military and absentee ballots; including visiting nursing homes to distribute and collect ballots from permanently disabled voters.
- Ensure that all election results are accurately tabulated and certify the results of all elections.
- Process and record all candidate and party financial disclosure filings required by law.
- Provide open access to all voting and election information as provided by law.
Learn More About Our... Ballot Marking Device or Optical Ballot Scanner
Rockland County is providing registered voters the option of voting on electronic ballot marking devices that accommodate people with disabilities.
These devices will be located at each polling site. If you have any questions please contact this office at 845-638-5172.